The previous and current project development and research work undertaken by KAKUTE includes
- 2012 to Date: Facilitating and working in collaboration with Mobisol GmbH to pilot and scale project Mobisol’s business model in Tanzania. The plan includes reaching 20 regions of Tanzania, and electrifying 55,000 households in 59 districts. KAKUTE is mainly responsible for the advocacy and lobbying with government leaders and community in general.
- 2012 – 2014: Through REA and Energiebau GmbH, KAKUTE initiated a project in Longido district through LRTC 2012 Program. The project has installed 10kw Solar Photovoltaic System for Lerang’wa Health Centre and that provides enough energy to run the facility. This enabled effective and efficient health services, reducing child- and maternal-mortality, and increasing immunization coverage within the area.
- 2011 – 2014: For three years we worked closely with SNV Netherlands Development Organization, offering business development services (BDS) to 19 biogas contractor enterprises for Kilimanjaro and Tanga, Arusha and Manyara regions. We have been accepted as a partner in the organizations' pool of local capacity builders.
- 2012 – 2015: Initiated the EmbarkEnergy program which promoted clean energy entrepreneurs to develop their business plans for financing. Curriculum and training material were made and piloted to 15 entrepreneurs who produced viable business plans.
- 2008 – Date: Member of the Tanzanian Renewable Energy Association (TAREA), and host to their Northern Zone branch in Arusha. The branch is taking care of Kilimanjaro, Arusha and Manyara regions to identify RE-related practitioners interested in a TAREA membership to strengthen the association in northern Tanzania. By now, 118 potential members have been identified in this area for further follow up.
- 2016 to date: In collaboration with LGA in Simanjiro, Siha and Moshi municipal we are exploring the possibility of conducting a research to establish the district industrialization strategy document which will profile districts needs to realize the national industrial plan 2016-2020
The collective experience of KAKUTE’s team over 23 years is our strong relationships with trusted colleagues around the world allow us to identify and engage key people to working with us on different projects, programs and field assignments.
Over the past 23 years, we have worked on the ground in East Africa to create a strong network of practitioners in private companies, government, academia and non-governmental organizations that we can tap into